Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Kinnickinnic River Pedal, Paddle & Art Fair
Saturday, September 8, 2018, 8:00 AM
Kinnickinnic River - lower put-in
207 Park St
River Falls, WI 54022
Registration cancellations will be accepted
Members pay for their own charges
The Kinnickinnic River is a Class 1 trout stream and popular paddling destination near River Falls. The Art on The Kinni art fair is held along the bike trail and the river in downtown River Falls.
Shorter plastic kayaks recommended. Rocks and shallows are plentiful, and quick maneuvering is sometimes required. The put-in involves a long, sometimes rugged portage.
- 7:30 - Depart from the WI DOT Park & Ride (6400 Texaco Dr, Eau Claire)
- 9:00 - Browse/shop the Art on The Kinni art fair
- 10:30 - Drop & secure boats at the put-in in River Falls (bring cable lock)
- 11:00 - Drive to the Take-out outside Kinnickinnic State Park
- 11:30 - Bike to the put-in, secure bike, and make 1000' carry to river (bring your cart if you have one) -- don't forget your padlock key and car key!
- 1:00 - Paddle to the State Park
- 4:00 - Return to River Falls to get your bike
- 5:00 - Grab a well-deserved dinner, talk smart, and head home!
Read about the Kinni